- The Mechanic services, repairs, and maintains our fleet of late model vehicles and trucks, hydraulic operated digger/derricks and aerial bucket trucks, tractor-trailer rigs, and other heavy equipment. Candidates must have experience with modern automotive electronics and diesel emission systems, including AC. The candidate must work well with all personnel to meet the goals of BCEC not just the goals of the mechanic department. We are looking for a professional who is highly organized and takes pride in his or her daily work. Service to the members is our primary goal. Providing this service as safely and efficiently as possible through the operation of our fleet is key.
- Ability to diagnose and repair automotive problems with the use of modern diagnostic tools.
- Ability to diagnose and repair diesel emission systems and engines.
- Ability to perform scheduled and preventative maintenance to the BCEC fleet-ensuring safe, and trouble free operation.
- Ability to diagnose and repair aerial hydraulic systems and truck PTO systems
- Ability to fabricate parts, weld and use torch.
- Ability to repair and service AC systems.
- File appropriate documentation on each repair.
- Must be willing to work after hours and on weekends and perform field service calls.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent and ten (10) years’ experience.
- Must have or be willing to become a vehicle safety inspector and perform annual state inspections.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
Applications are available here, and will be accepted through April 9, 2021. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Bowie-Cass Electric Cooperative, Inc. P.O. Box 47, Douglassville, TX 75560, Attn: Human Resources. For more information, contact Sharon Cook at 903-846-2311.
Bowie-Cass Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer